- 1 lb Shrimp
- 3 cups Baby spinach, leaves
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp Italian herbs, dried
- 1 tbsp Parsley, fresh
- 1 Yellow onion, small
Baking & Spices
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 Salt and pepper
Oils & Vinegars
- 5 oz Sun dried tomato strips in oil, jarred
- 2 tbsp Butter, salted
- 1 3/4 cups Half and half
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
Beer, Wine & Liquor
- 1/2 cup White wine
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Add in the shrimp and fry two minutes on each side, until [I]just[/I] cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Fry the onion in the butter remaining in the skillet. Pour in the white wine (if using), and allow to reduce slightly. Add the sun dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavours.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the half and half and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, and add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce. (For a thicker sauce, add the milk/cornstarch mixture to the centre of the pan, and continue to simmer while quickly stirring the mixture through until the sauce thickens.)
- Add the shrimp back into the pan; sprinkle with the herbs and parsley, and stir through.
- Serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg.
Special thanks to Cafe Delights