Low-Carb Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Recipe
9 net carbs per serving, makes 4 generous servings.
- 2 1/2 cups Spaghetti squash (roasted for an hour on 350 or nuked for 20)
- 1lb organic grass fed ground beef
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced (1 tsp)
- 5 grinds of sea salt
- 3 grinds of fresh pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 average-sized jar pasta sauce (Rozzano Marinara Sauce is 2 net carbs per 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions to cook low-carb spaghetti squash
Roast your spaghetti squash in the oven for a hour on 350 or nuke it in the microwave for 20. Let it sit 5 minutes afterward. Here are some tips on how to cook it.
Heat sauce on the stove on simmer and add red pepper flakes. Let simmer (cover on).
Mix meatball ingredients in a bowl and roll into quarter-sized mini meatballs.
Heat a large frying pan on medium with a tablespoon of ghee / butter / oil / whatever you like.
Cook meatballs in the frying pan and cover. Flip when halfway browned (approx 3-5 minutes).
Meanwhile, cut the squash in half and dig out 2 1/2 cups of spaghetti squash (remove seeds and guts first). Set aside.
In a small bread pan (tall and skinny), layer sauce, squash, meatballs, sauce, mozzarella, squash, meatballs, sauce, mozzarella.
Bake on 350 for 30 minutes.
Special thanks to Wicked Stuff