Day 2 is going well, today is an off day so I’m mainly stretching and eating clean.
Today started my 12 week Ketosis conversion challenge. I’m spending the next 12 weeks converting to a Ketogenic lifestyle. My family is adopting a lower carb approach that isn’t as strict as mine but we’re all in this together!
- Eat only a ketogenic diet with refeeding allowance.
- Allowed supplements: Protein, Multivitamin, Fish oil, Fiber and Keto//OS
- Drink > 1 Gallon water per day
- Run 2 – 3 times a week (short (1 mile), medium (1 – 2 miles) and long (3-5 miles))
- Train 3 days a week (2 weeks strength + 2 weeks velocity + 1 week deload)
- Weigh-in every Monday
After the 12 weeks I should have an entirely new lifestyle base to build on. I look forward to talking to you all while I go through this!
- 1 bag of 5 Perdue Perfect Portions Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (Italian Style)
- 1 3 oz bag of Pork Dust (or 3 oz of crushed/blended pork rinds)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (the powdered stuff)
- 1/2 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 bag (16 oz) Green Giant™ Fresh Cauliflower Crumbles™ (or 4 cups chopped cauliflower, steamed)
- 2 tbsp ghee (or 2 tbsp salted butter)
- 2 tbsp butter (yes, if you don’t have ghee, just use 4 tbsp butter)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (not the powdery grated stuff)
- a pinch of garlic salt
- a pinch of seasoning salt (like Adobo)
- a few cracks of pepper
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 tbsp high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- a couple fresh grinds of sea salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Set up a wire roasting rack on top of a baking sheet (this is so the chicken doesn’t sit on the bottom and get soggy – some people use baking racks if they’re oven-friendly)
- On a plate, combine and mix the crushed pork rinds, grated parmesan, italian seasoning and garlic salt.
- One at a time, place a breast of chicken in the mix and cover completely, then set on the rack.
- When done, put in the oven for 20 minutes, or until baked to at least 165 degrees, then turn off and let sit in oven to continue cooking (this keeps them juicy!)
- In a blender, add everything but the cauliflower. Don’t blend yet.
- Follow the package instructions on the chopped cauliflower to microwave with 1″ of the top open, for 4 minutes. Then let sit in the microwave for another minute (it really makes a difference).
- Add steamed cauliflower to blender, and blend to the consistency you like.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Make sure every leaf is well coated.
- Once everything is completed, plate your chicken, whipped cauliflower and arugula salad between 4 dishes. You can sprinkle a little shredded parmesan over your salad, and throw a grind of fresh pepper over the cauliflower. If you’re feeling particularly adventurous or just like to dip, serve with a side of dijon mustard for dipping.